Wednesday, July 14, 2010

An Update from Me

I can't believe it's been so long since I've written.  I seem to be saying that a lot lately - mostly to all my very patient old friends and relatives who are waiting for some newsy snail-mail letters.  I'll have to make a trip to my favorite Starbucks in the next few days to catch up on my correspondence.  Here at home I seem to get too distracted.

Life has been busy the last few months as I've gotten back to some designing AND publishing work.  I've spent most of my time since the 1st of May working on a new project which is finally complete and currently at the printer!  I'm excited about it and have been since I first started thinking about it.  I've designed 14 sea-themed pieces which have been charted, stitched, framed and/or finished in another way, photographed, laid out in book format along with some other writings, proofread, and delivered to the printer on Monday.  The booklet is 28-pages and I can't wait to have the finished copies.  I'll be donating $5.00 from the sale of each book to the Audubon Society, to assist with their work in the Gulf of Mexico region.  I'll share more once I have the copies back from the printer... and keep watch for a giveaway at that time!!

You can read a bit more about the project on my Of Generations Past blog.

In the meantime, here's a sneak peek at the front cover...



Thanks for visiting with me once again!

Joanne

2 comments:

hazel c UK said...

It's lovely to have you back Joanne and now we know the reason why you have not been around, your book looks interesting, looking forward to seeing more.

Hazel (UK)

Susan in SC said...

I am very proud of you in following this dream of yours!