Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Sea Birds

For some reason, I've become obsessed with photographs of sea birds the last few years.  In fact, I just came across some wonderful photographs online that were taken by an old friend I haven't seen in 25 years.  Of course, I took some time to send an email.

I've been thinking ahead to some ideas for summer needlework designs and have decided that something with a sea theme would be perfect.  I have an idea for a few little booklets based on different themes that will include 2 or 3 charts as well as some "extras", and my recent thoughts are that a summer booklet will have to have something with birds. 

I've been looking over some of the pictures I took the last few years and although I have no idea what I'll do for the summer charts, thought I'd share a few of my favorite bird and sea pictures again.  Most are of gulls, but there are a couple of others included.  (Perhaps these are on my mind after spending time by the water up in Vancouver!)  None are really that good, but it's been fun talking to the birds and taking their pictures.







5 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Joanne, what lovely pictures. I love birds of all kinds. Sea Birds are so interesting to watch. Your pictures show them off nicely. We were watching one once and noticed he had only one leg and then he put the other leg down and put the other up under his feathers. We were amazed as we thought he was one legged. So interesting.

Bee Jay said...

Your bird pics certainly give a feel of 'seaside' Joanne. Love your 'generations past' pic though. Genealogy is one of my favourite hobbies.
Blessings!

Susan Moorhead said...

Those are great! I especially love the pelicans as I am quite fond of them and we don't get them in the North.

Susan in SC said...

What lovely pictures. I love sea birds too.

Nancy said...

Wow, these are some great pictures. I bet some good designs are in your future.
Nancy