Thursday, October 09, 2014

Thursday Thoughts - Unfinished Projects

My many unfinished projects have been on my mind recently.  I'm not even talking about projects that are in the works, but needlework projects that were completely stitched... and then put in a drawer.  I have an antique 2-drawer dresser and both drawers are full of those pieces.

I probably talked about this before because they've been stacking up for years.  However, I've decided to make a real effort to finish them so they can be displayed.  There are at least 25 of them, and probably even more than that.

So, plans for the next several months are to begin pulling them out and either framing them (I do my own framing and collect frames from different places, including sales at the crafts stores), or finishing them as pillows, ornaments, wall hangings, banners, etc.  It's a shame that they've been sitting there for so long when they could be decorating some walls.  I plan on also using a few as Christmas gifts :)

Joanne

No comments: