Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Old Friends and Letters

My friend Denise and I have been sending each other long, long handwritten letters for over 25 years.  Other friends I keep in touch with have all moved on to emails, which I love since it's so quick.  But there's something wonderful about setting aside some special time, making a cup of tea, deciding on pretty stationery and a favorite pen, and spending an afternoon writing a long, newsy letter to an old friend.  I think taking the time for that makes it all the more meaningful -- a gift, in fact -- especially in our rushed everyday lives.
 

1 comment:

Linda said...

My friend Carol and I used to write really long letters to each other - 10 pages or more at times! I miss opening my mail box and finding one of those long chatty tombs from her! But more than that - I miss her....

Linda in VA