Friday, August 06, 2010

A Little Beach Relaxation

Well, for me relaxation at the beach isn't swimming... it's walking along with my camera, taking pictures of the sea and the seabirds.  I'm not a great photographer (and a better camera is on my Christmas wish list), but I love talking to the laughing gulls and having them pose for me,


sitting on the sand and watching the brown pelicans fly above the water, dive for their dinner, and then body surf on the waves. 
People look at me with strange looks on their faces (I guess since I have a habit of talking to the gulls), but for me, it's relaxation at its best.



I have a few big deadlines coming up so this little overnight trip to the sea was all about relaxing and letting creative ideas flow.  Fortunately I have a great husband who understands me and doesn't mind my solo adventures :)

I'm working on a book (non-fiction) with a friend which is currently coming in at around 284 pages.  I'm doing the layout, formatting, copy editing and proof reading.  I've hired my daughter (who does this type of work) to help out since I've set a deadline for the first of September, giving the printer plenty of time to have things finished in time for October sales.  It's going to be a busy several weeks!!

I've also been working on several new cross stitch designs and sent two of them over to my friend Linda this evening - she'll be doing the model stitching on these two as I work on a few more. 

I'll be updating my Of Generations Past blog in a day or so with more information on the new designs.  Be sure to check in there!

Joanne 

1 comment:

Deborah said...

Beautiful pictures! Glad that your time was relaxing.